Mothers Day 2022
There is no doubt that Mothers have the toughest job in the world! It is a 24 hours a day, 365 days a week responsibility. It provides wonderful moments, challenging moments and very scary moments too! Mothers....We salute you for all you do! Happy Mother's Day from Winnipeg Parent!
What Moms Really Want for Mother's Day
Winnipeg Parent polled a group of Moms to find out what they really want for Mother's Day and this was what they came up with:
- For Dad to take the kids out for an afternoon so Mom can have a peaceful couple of hours to relax, go for a walk or read a book uninterrupted.
- Flowers - Not Candy ... Flowers have no calories...OK... chocolate is always welcome!
- Let Mom sleep in but not on Mother's Day because the kids can hardly wait to celebrate with Mom and Moms love that!
- Moms want everyone in the family to get along and not bicker. Keep Mother's Day peaceful.
- Moms want to order in or pick up dinner so Mom does not have to cook or clean up.
- Moms want the family to do the chores she hates, like emptying the dishwasher or folding the laundry.
- Moms want LOTS of hugs and snuggles.
- Moms want to listen to her music in the car-not the kid's music.
- Moms want to control the television remote for just one day.
- Moms want to feel appreciated for everything they do for their family.
A Poem for MOM
Mom, I loved you yesterday, I love you tomorrow and everyday.
You were there for me my first day of school, to hold my hand and give me courage to go.
You listened to me when I needed to talk, you talked to me when I needed to listen.
You let me grow and learn from my own mistakes.
You never left my side when I was feeling down, I knew you would be there to pick me up.
I wish there was a way I could repay all the things you have done for me, but there's nothing great enough to repay the greatest mother of all.
"God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers." -- Jewish proverb
"All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother." -- Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)
"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." -- Lin Yutang
"The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness." -- Honore' de Balzac (1799-1850)
"The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother." --Author Unknown
Mother's Day Recipe
M & M Cookie Mix in a Jar
This is a great project to do together as a gift for mother, friends, family, or teachers. Place the mix in a jar to give as a gift and include a tag with the baking directions.
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups mini baking M & Ms
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine the flour with baking soda and salt.
- In a clean 1liter sized glass jar layer the ingredients in the order given, starting with the brown sugar and ending with the flour mixture.
- Attach a card with the following directions:
M & M Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C ). Line one baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Empty the contents of the jar into a large bowl and mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Using your hands work in 3/4 cup softened butter or margarine until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Beat 1 egg with 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Work this into the flour mixture until well combined. Dough will be a little crumbly.
- Shape dough into 1 inch sized balls and place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Slightly flatten the balls with the palm of your hand. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C ) for 10 to 14 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove cookies to a rack to cool. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
Summer Day Camps Superguide 2022
30 Early Summer Thing to Do!
Talk, Sing and Cuddle with Baby
5 Ways to Help Reduce the Risk of Birth Defects
The Importance of Sleep and How Sleep Training can Help
Mothers Day 2022
Making Constant Change Part of Our New Routine
Top Safety Tips for a Safe Laundry Room and Kitchen
To the top