This holiday craft is not only fun, but it also helps build fine motor skills and patterning with your little ones.
What You Need
- Pipe Cleaners (Some long and some short for the stumps)
- Perler Beads (or any other beads you have around the house)
Here are the 5 simple steps:
- Step 1: Take one pipe cleaner and bend it in the middle
- Step 2: Add the perler beads in a pattern on both sides of the bend
- Step 3: Now bend each side slightly at the bottom so they overlap in the middle at the base of the tree
- Step 4: Take your short pipe cleaner and bend it in half
- Step 5: Fold the short pipe cleaner over the middle
- Finally: We use them as decoration until we give them away on December 24th. We fill a bowl with ‘snow’ (white rice) and stick our holiday trees in the ‘snow’ to make a small colourful holiday forest. On Christmas Eve we give them to family as gift toppers and tree decorations.