Skip to content
FEBRUARY Family Fun for FREE or Almost FREE
- It’s I Love to Read Month so head to the Library for thousands of adventures in books and DVDs, all with your FREE library card. They are celebrating Take Your Child to the Library Days so check out their special programs like story times, reading and craft programs
- Plan a Board Game Night for your family. Order or make pizza and enjoy time together…no phones, laptops or tablets allowed!
- Head to the free mini zoo…your local pet store. Make it a learning experience by reading about different kinds of animals then going to visit them. If you are looking for a furry family member visit a local rescue like the Winnipeg Humane Society to find your special new furry friend.
- Head to The Forks for skating, walking, fat tire biking and cross country skiing. The River Trail on a beautiful winter day is a magical place to visit with family and friends to explore the Warming Huts exhibits and Ice creations. Festive lights keep the entire site colourfully lit and providing a warm, beautiful glow. Runs through February depending on weather conditions.
- Craft stores offer inexpensive craft workshops for kids.
Dollar stores offer really inexpensive fun! Purchase crafts and let the kids enjoy some creative fun!
- Visit a Farmer’s Market at City Place on February February 9 and 23 from 10am-2:30pm. The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ’s popular Farmers’ Market offers fresh and local vegetables and fruits, baking, preserves, meat, fish, cheese, crafts, jewelry, and other food and artisan items.
- Head to Festival du Voyageur! Runs February 17-26 in St. Boniface for lots of family fun at the largest winter festival in Western Canada. Check out the ice sculpture contest, entertainment, food and fun! Some free fun experiences and admission fee to access the whole festival.
- Help the kids plan and put on a puppet show with their stuffed animals. Invite friends and family and enjoy an afternoon or evening of creative fun together.
- Head to your local Nature Centre for outdoor family fun! Snowshoing, Sledding, Ice Fishing, Cross Country Skiing are some of the activites you can find at Oak Hammock Marsh or Fort Whyte Alive. Both have great family activities on the weekend! Admission fee.
- Visit a Museum together! The Manitoba Museum, Children’s Museum,The Canadian Museum for Human Rights,Royal Aviation Museum offer great experiences for families to visit in February and throughout the winter months for indoor learning and fun! Admission fee